I was in North Park in San Diego one day enjoying a delicious Pliny the Elder at Toronado, when I decided to make my first trip to Belching Beaver. I enjoyed their beers on tap, but the Beaver’s Milk Stout and and Beaver’s Milk Stout with Peanut Butter really stood out to me. So much so that I made a trip out to Vista, CA to their main location and got myself a Growler of the Peanut Butter Stout. Naturally I made a peanut butter beer bread.
This is a delicious dessert bread that can be enjoyed anytime! I would recommend slicing and toasting the bread and spreading a little butter and jelly on it. I am curious as to what a peanut butter and jelly sandwich would taste like with this bread. If anyone makes it please let me know.
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees fahrenheit
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add chocolate chips if desired
- Slowly pour Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Stout into the dry ingredients. Mix Slowly. Continue mixing until the dough becomes thick. If you notice that the dough is really mushy and sticky, add a little more flour. Likewise, if you notice the dough too dry, add a splash more of beer (or a little water if you are out of beer)
- Pour the dough into a loaf pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top
- Place your bread in the oven for 1 hour
- Let cool for 30 minutes (Or not, I'm not your mother) and enjoy