The Bear Returns
Cupcakes are good. I like cupcakes. But I have been using butter as my main source of fat in the latest cupcakes recipes. This recipe, I want to move back to oil. Sweet delicious oil.
The beer for the this recipe is a stout from Bear Republic Brewing Co. We will be making a cupcakes similar to the Double Mountain Chocolate Cake recipe I created for my birthday last year. This recipe will feature no particular frosting recipe. Do what you will with these cupcakes.
Cooking down an entire bottle of beer into 1 cup of liquid makes for a very concentrated liquid. I would recommend cooking down less than an entire bottle as it left a flavor that left a stout after taste, which might not be that bad depending on your taste buds and how you like cupcakes.
And as usual, let me know if you make this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350° fahrenheit. Place cupcake holders in a cupcake pan
- In sauce pan, add Bear Republic stout and cook down until liquid becomes 1 cup. In a french press (or use a strainer) and brew the beer and coffee together. Strain out the beans and pour into a cup. Set aside
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder in a bowl and set aside. In another bowl place sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract and cream together using a standing mixer
- Add milk, beer / coffee, and oil (one at a time) into the egg / sugar mixture. Then slowly add the dry ingredients, little by little. Mix with your standing mixer
- Add batter into the cupcakes holders filling about ¾ full. Place into the oven and bake for 25 - 30 minutes
- Let cool for 30 minutes before frosting