Pizza Port is a great place to eat and enjoy a pint. I am particularly fond of their Pizza Vallarta and Pizza San Francisco. So when I brought home a six pack of Pizza Port’s Chronic Ale, I started thinking of a ways in which I could turn this into a beer bread. Considering Pizza Port’s culinary expertise, I decided to make an Italian herbs and cheese bread to simulate the delicious taste of pizza.
This is a very light and subtle bread. However, you can definitely taste the Italian herbs and cheese. This will go great with your favorite Italian and of course pizza. Try dipping it in some marinara sauce and let me know how it is.
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Slowly pour Pizza Port Chronic Ale into the dry ingredients. Mix Slowly. Continue mixing until the dough becomes thick. If you notice that the dough is really mushy and sticky, add a little more flour. Likewise, if you notice the dough too dry, add a splash more of beer.
- Pour the dough into a loaf pan. Sprinkle some dried parsley on top.
- Place your bread in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Melt butter in microwave or on stove top. Mix in garlic powder. Sprinkle more dried parsley on top. Poor onto bread. Cook for and additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes (or not, I'm not your mother) and enjoy!