The Hidden Gem
I recently found out that Cismontane Brewing was right down the street from when I am. The fact that this place existed for four years without my knowledge is disappointing in my own eyes. I forgave myself eventually and became a regular at this establishment. Eventually I asked the fine pourers of beer which beer they would use in a beer bread. I was enthusiastically told that Black’s Dawn Imperial Stout is great with chocolate chips. Thus Black’s Dawn Chocolate Chunk Bread was born.
This made a delicious chocolate dessert bread. I recommend drinking an Imperial Stout or a cup of coffee while consuming this delicious carb-intense dessert. I have considering making a pure chocolate cake bread in the future. If I do, I am definitely going to try it with Black’s Dawn.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all the dry ingredients and chocolate chunks into a bowl.
- Slowly pour Cismontane Black's Dawn Imperial Stout into the dry ingredients. Mix Slowly. Continue mixing until the dough becomes slightly lumpy.
- Pour the dough into a loaf pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chunks on top.
- Place your bread in the oven for 50 minutes.
- Add melted butter to bread (optional). Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes (Or not, I'm not your mother) and enjoy