In Need of a Sandwich
Sometimes you want a sandwich. Sometimes, after you prep all your necessary ingredients for said sandwich, you realize that you have no more bread. Luckily, this website has taught us a thing or two about baking breads. The beer that I am working with this week is Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat, brewed with a combination of wheat and crystal malts and finished with Perle hops. This is the first bread I will be trying without the help of a bread pan or cast iron dutch oven. Perfect form and shape is one thing I have yet to master, or, lets be honest, barely tackle at all.
I have created bread and thus created a sandwich. Sometimes, you just need to be dedicated to the things you desire in life!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet.
- Add dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Slowly pour Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat into dry ingredients while mixing ingredients together. Do thing until all the flour is mixed.
- Let dough sit for 20 minutes. Cover a large surface with flour. We are going to semi-kneed our dough for 5 minutes.
- Form dough into a ball and place on baking sheet. With a knife, cut three small cuts on top of the bread. Place in the oven for 55 minutes.
- 30 minutes in, melt butter and, with a brush, lightly coat the bread with butter. Place back in over for the remainder of time.
- Remove from oven and let cool for one hour before slicing.