A $13 Beer
Being an avid follower of both Wil Wheaton and Stone on the interwebs, I have heard of w00t Stout 2.0. This intense stout is a collaboration, and the second of its kind, by internet’s favorite Wil Weaton, Drew Curtis and the lovely and always funny Aisha Tyler. I was at Stone Bistro and had to pick up a bottle, although I wasn’t expecting a $13 price tag when purchasing the stout from the source.
This beer is intense. Really, really intense. It didn’t occur to me that it was 13.5% when I started drinking and had to take intermissions between drinks. You can really taste the barrel aged goodness with every drop. Surely these flavors must translate to a delicious beer bread…
Although the beer was very bold in flavor, the beer bread is subtle in flavor. This is a light and fluffy beer bread, with a hint of chocolate flavor. Although sweet in flavor, this beer tastes amazing with butter spread all over it. Enjoy with a savory meal. While baking this bread, I highly suggest you dance like Aisha Tyler in the the Tacky music video. I know I did.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl. Add chocolate chips if desired.
- Slowly pour Stone w00t Stout 2.0 and coffee into the blender. Mix the blended beer and coffee with the dry ingredients. Mix Slowly. Continue mixing until the dough becomes lumpy
- Pour the dough into a loaf pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Place your bread in the oven for 1 hour.
- Let cool for 30 minutes (Or not, I'm not your mother) and enjoy