- Beer Style: American Stout
- Brewery: Belching Beaver Brewing
Simplicity Can be Sexy
The phrase significant other irks me in a weird way. It is a formal expression of someone you love. You don’t refer to your mom as the birth giver do you?
If you are in need of a somewhat quick and easy dessert to indulge your lover with this Valentines day, then I would highly recommend chocolate covered strawberries. It is a classic for this occasion for a reason. Although this recipe will only take around 20 minute of your time, please be sure to give yourself at least 2 hours to allow your melted chocolate to cool and harden.
Chocolate? That doesn’t Sound like Peanut Butter
After last week’s super bowl party, there was a plethora of beer cans in the fridge. After passing through some Stone Rippers shoving aside some Rogue ales, I stumbled upon one remaining Peanut Butter Stout from Belching Beaver. Now, you know that I have an unheard of bias towards this milk stout and it is the one beer with the most recipes available on this site. What I am trying to say is don’t have this beer around me or I will bake with it
Knowing that Valentines day is right around the corner, I could only think of strawberries dipped in chocolate and peanut butter. Sure chocolate alone is great, but why not ride that peanut butter train as far as possible
Although I provided a recipe, it should be noted that these ingredients aren’t exact. In fact, I didn’t honestly measure everything so my notes are simply an estimate. Instead of using a little be of cream or milk for smoothness, we of course will use our favorite stout
For minimal amount of effort, this will provide your loved with maximum peanut butter flavors.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dipped Strawberries details
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dipped Strawberries ingredients
- 12 strawberries
- 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 ounces of peanut butter chips
- 3/4 cup of Peanut Butter Stout
Chocolate Peanut Butter Dipped Strawberries directions
- Pour water into a small sauce pan and simmer. In a metal or medium bowl, add the chocolate chips and half a cup of peanut butter stout. Place bowl on top of simmering water and double boil. Constantly mix to prevent burning. Remove from water and dip your strawberries. Place on a plate and put in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Take out the strawberries and do the same process with the peanut butter chips. Double boil the chips with the remaining beer, stirring vigorously. Remove from heat. Take a spoon or a decorating tool and drizzle the melted peanut butter. Let cool in the fridge for another hour before eating.