- Beer Style: Milk / Sweet Stout
- Brewery: Belching Beaver Brewing
Part II: Bread Pudding
Last week, I created a simple beer bread using Belching Beaver’s Milk Stout. This week, we will turn the simple bread into a simple dessert. With little prep and only forty-five minutes of cooking time, this desserts works great for the lazy.
As mentioned before, this is the first time that I have ever experienced bread pudding ever, so I can’t compare this to bread pudding baked with regular bread as opposed to beer bread. Nonetheless, this dish reminds me of a light and fluffy french toast. Soft and chewy textures with the flavors of my typical morning breakfast was everything I ever wanted in a dessert.
And if you decide to make this dish, please let me know how it goes.
Beaver’s Milk Bread Pudding details
Beaver’s Milk Bread Pudding ingredients
- 2 cups of milk
- ¼ cup of butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 6 cups of Belching Beaver Milk Stout beer bread cubed
- ½ cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Beaver’s Milk Bread Pudding directions
- Heat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Chop up your slices of bread and melt butter in a sauce pan or in a microwave. In a square casserole dish, place chopped up bread cubes and drizzle butter over the cubes.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, sugar, cinnamon, cream, and vanilla. Beat with a standing mixer. Pour contents over the bread, making sure that every piece of bread is covered in the egg mixture.
- Place in the over and bake for 45 minutes, or until the bread is nice and spongy. Enjoy!