- Beer Style: American Stout
- Brewery: Stone Brewing Co.
Baking is fun, but it sometimes can be daunting waiting for yeast to rise. My impatience leads me to make more quick breads and Bisquick recipes. One Bisquick recipe that I keep on hand is a Bisquick coffee cake recipe. This recipe is great for breakfast meals where you don’t mind spiking your insulin so early in the morning. And it goes great with…well…coffee.
Brewed with roasted coffee beans, Stone‘s Milk Stout’s dark and toasty flavor will pair well with our coffee cake. This beer has been teasing me since its release earlier this year, I had to take it on a test run. Stouts are typically notorious for making great desserts and this stout is no different. Surprisingly, this beer wasn’t as hoppy as other Stone counterparts.
Light in sugar and fluffier than your pillows, this Stone Milk Stout Coffee Cake is a great way to start off a Sunday. Pair this breakfast sweat with your favorite blend of coffee.
Milk Stout Coffee Cake details
Milk Stout Coffee Cake ingredients
- 2⅓ cups of Bisquick
- ⅓ cup of whole milk
- ⅓ cup of Stone Milk Stout
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- ⅓ cup of brown sugar
- ¼ tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of butter
Milk Stout Coffee Cake directions
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit. Grease a pie plate, 8×8. pr 9×9 square pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix 2 cups of Bisquick, milk, beer, egg, and sugar. Place dough into square pan.
- In another medium bowl, mix remaining Bisquick, brown sugar, cinnamon, and soft butter with a fork creating a crumble. Spread crumble evenly on top of the dough.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes. Let cool.