- Beer Style: American Sour Ale
- Brewery: Last Name Brewing
A few weekends back, I was up in Ontario to do a little shooting for a convention. After, the convention, I could think of nothing better to do but visit the breweries in the areas. Seriously, people, tell me what to do in the area. Google can’t provide me with the culture I want to take in.
I once visited Last Name brewery a year and a half ago when it was still called Dale Bros. At the time, I didn’t put too much thought into the beer I was consuming. Although the mission of the adventure was to judge their wares, it ended up being a great time catching up with old friends.
This time around, the focus was all on the beer. The 0ne beer that stood out the most their Sour Cran-Cherry Pomona Queen. This amber lager infused with cherry (more than cranberry) was refreshing and drinkable. It is a perfect summer beer and makes a perfect addition to our summer of sour sorbets!
Pomona Queen Cherry Sorbet details
Pomona Queen Cherry Sorbet ingredients
- 4 cups of pitted cherries (2 cups frozen)
- 1 cup of Sour Cran-Cherry Pomona Queen
- 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar
Pomona Queen Cherry Sorbet directions
- Throw all your ingredients into a blender until smooth. If you want, you can stop right here and have yourself an amazing cherry sour ale smoothie.
- Pour the smoothie into an ice cream maker and churn for around 25–30 minutes. Transfer into an air-tight container and place in the freezer for 40 minutes. Or in your mouth directly. We used frozen cherries for those who are impatient.