- Beer Style: American Stout
- Brewery: Stone Brewing Co.
Since the release of Stone’s Xocoveza for the winter season, our household has not once gone a week without a 6-pack. As we made our weekly pilgrimage to a local beer and wine shop, a bottle of Stone’s Xocoveza Charred called to us from its fancy crate box display, gleaming under a spotlight, promising glory and richness. It was the holiday season so we decided to treat ourselves and left the store with Xocoveza Charred in one arm and our Xocoveza 6-pack in the other
We felt that beer deserved the fanciest occasion to be opened and we gave it the first day of the New Year. The combination of bourbon, vanilla, chocolate, and nutmeg flavors upon initial taste demanded to be incorporated in a fancy dessert. I have been wanting to make my own beeramisu (honestly more of an excuse to glob excessive amounts of marscapone cheese into my mouth) and decided that the flavors of beer could really shine through soaked in those ladyfingers
Xocoveza Charred and marscapone cheese will dance such a magical arrangement of rich, creamy, malty, chocolately sweetness in your mouth. It’s best to make a day before serving, but the taste is worth the wait
Adapted from AllRecipes
Xocomisu Charred details
Xocomisu Charred ingredients
- 6 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 1/4 cups of heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 lb of mascarpone cheese
- 3/4 cup of Xocovesa Charred
- 12-14 ladyfinger cookies
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder
Xocomisu Charred directions
- In a medium saucepan over no heat, whisk egg yolks and sugar together until well blended. Whisk milk into this mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils. Boil gently for 1 minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Transfer to another container, cover tightly and chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form.
- After waiting 1 hour, remove custard from refrigerator and whisk mascarpone cheese into the custard until smooth.
- Pour beer into a shallow container. Split ladyfingers and soak in beer for 10 seconds, rotating to get all sides.
- Arrange a few ladyfingers at the bottom of 5 serving cups. Spread half the amount of custard on top of the ladyfingers. Spread half the amount of whipped cream on top of custard. Repeat layers with remaining ladyfingers, custard and cream.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Allow to set in refrigerator for 12 hours for best taste.