- Beer Style: American Double / Imperial Stout
- Brewery: Great Divide Brewing Company
Over a year and a half ago, I made some mint chocolate bars featuring Girl Scout Thin Mints and Oreos. I was amazed by how similar it tasted like a Girl Scout cookie. Sure it was lacking the crunch your get from the green box, but the smooth and creamy texture didn’t take away from the flavor. I knew that I wanted to create this again.
Now that it is Girl Scout cookie season, I thought of no better time to to attempt this recipe again. Rather than using Oreos though, I opted to actually using crushed Thin Mints. Also in my original recipe, I used mint extract. In this recipe, I used peppermint. A slight difference, but it provides less of that herbal flavor that comes with original mint.
This is a no bake recipe which I believe is great for beginners. Simply cream your butter, melt your chocolate, assemble, and let freeze for a little bit.
Return of the Yeti Thin Mint Chocolate Bites
Great Divide’s Yeti is an imperial stout. I was afraid the roasted malt flavors would interfere with the mint, but to my surprise it went quite well together. This would also be a good choice with Samoas.
Yeti Thin Mint Chocolate Bites Details
1 hour 15 minutes
Yeti Thin Mint Chocolate Bites Ingredients
- 1 cup of soft butter
- 11/2 cups of Girl Scout Cookie Thin Mints (crushed)
- 1/2 cups of almond flour
- 11/2 cups of dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoon of peppermint extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons of Double Stout
Yeti Thin Mint Chocolate Bites Directions
- In a medium bowl, add the butter, sugar, ground thin mints, and almond flour. Use an electric mixer and blend. Add the peppermint extract and continue mixing until fully creamed. Spread into a pan or baking sheet.
- Boil water. Over the water, place a heat safe bowl with the chocolate and Yeti imperial stout and double boil. Be sure to continue mixing to prevent the chocolate from burning. Add a dash of cream for more creaminess. Spread the melted chocolate over the cookie and butter base. Place in freezer and chill for an hour. Slice and enjoy!