- Beer Style: American Amber / Red Ale
- Brewery: AleSmith Brewing Company
Breading and Baking
I am a big fan of coconut oil and fats. Maybe a little too much. Pan frying is my thing. But when a fourteen fluid ounce jar of oil is half devoured after a week of purchase, it is time to take a break from frying and start baking. Okra and cod has been a typical Monday night meal for a some time now, so lets add some Dead Red Ale Bread into the mix.
These are delicious, but make sure to flip the pieces of okra occasionally to prevent uneven cooking. Lightly breaded and crispy, these baked Dead Red Okra bits are an amazing snack or appetizer. You can use this method to bake a variety of different dishes. I made cod to compliment the okra and baked it in Dead Red Ale bread. Same process: simply dip it into butter and roll around your bread crumbs and seasoning. It you do not want to use butter you can replace it with egg.
Dead Red Okra details
Dead Red Okra ingredients
- 2 cups of chopped okra
- ½ cup of toasted and diced Dead Red Ale bread crumbs
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons of Italian seasoning (basil, oregano, thyme, rosemary)
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of parsley flakes
Dead Red Okra directions
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Toast slices of Dead Red Ale Bread and blend to create bread crumbs.
- Mix bread crumbs, Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and spread out on a plate evenly. Take okra slices, dip them in the melted butter, and roll them into the bread crumbs. Make sure surface area of okra is completely covered. Repeat this with all the okra.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking pan and place breaded okra on the pan. Bake for 15-22 minutes or until golden brown.