- Beer Style: Kölsch
- Brewery: Coachella Valley Brewing Company
Them Valley Quick Breads
I miss the Valley. It has been some years since I spent the weekend not taking a shower and not caring of the world around me as I listen to melodies of chaos and harmony. Like my experience in dessert, Coachella Valley Brewing Company, the relatively new girl on the block, is a refreshing change on a warm sunny day.
The Valley beer is Kölschella, a Kölsch that uses German Noble hops. Our flavors to compliment the wheat: cranberry and lemon. Let make some Kölschella Cranberry Lemon Beer Bread!
Sour, sweet, and somewhat tart, this bread made for a great carb-induced snack. To create a bread that resembles more of a pasty, use all-purpose flour instead of unbleached bread flour. However, I like the grainy flavors contrasting with the lemon and cranberry.
Kölschella Cranberry Lemon Beer Bread details
Kölschella Cranberry Lemon Beer Bread ingredients
- 3 cups of unbleached bread flour
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- Coachella Valley Brewing Company Kölschella Ale
- ½ cup of powdered sugar
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
Kölschella Cranberry Lemon Beer Bread directions
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease your handy nine inch loaf pan. Sift dry ingredients together. This is something I am starting to realize is an important step to creating loafs that don’t look like craters. Sift away.
- Add the cranberries. Slowly pour Kölschella in with the dry ingredients and mix away. Add a dash of lemon juice. Pour dough into the loaf pan, place on the second rack of the oven, and bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until you can stab a toothpick through the center and come out clean. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a new bowl, place powdered sugar. While slowly pouring lemon juice into the bowl, mix with a standing mixture. Continue adding lemon and mixing until it creates a glaze. It you would like a creamier glaze, add some whipping cream. Pour glaze on top of bread. Place in mouth and chew.