- Beer Style: Pumpkin Ale
- Brewery: Dogfish Head
Tired of Pumpkin Yet?
Has Pumpkin overwhelmed your pallet. Don’t overload just yet. We still have November ahead of us. However, lets move away from bread this week and focus on something a little sweeter. These pub cakes are inspired by a recipe I have been eyeballing for some time now. Let’s modify it and add some beer.
The sugar and pumpkin cover up the flavor of the Punkin Ale. Nonetheless you have yourself some very delicious pumpkin pub cakes for dessert. If you decide to make this recipe, let me know how it goes.
Punkin Pub Cakes details
Punkin Pub Cakes ingredients
- ½ cup of butter
- Half a can of pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups of all purpose flour
- 1¼ cups of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cloves
- ½ cup of Dogfish head Punkin Ale
Punkin Pub Cakes frosting ingredients
- Candy corn
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of softened butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
Punkin Pub Cakes directions
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Whip butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Lightly beat eggs and slowly pour into whipped butter. Add pumpkin puree. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, distributing evenly. Then add to the butter mixture. Slowly pour in milk and Punkin Ale. If too runny, add a little bit more flour.
- Line cupcake tray with baking cups and pour in batter until ¾ full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until you can poke cupcake with toothpick and it comes out clean. Remove from cupcake pan and let cool for 20 minutes.
Punkin Pub Cakes frosting directions
- Whip cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Continue blending until smooth and has strong peaks.