- Beer Style: American Pale Wheat Ale
- Brewery: Maui Brewing Company
Part 2: The Stuffening
Today, I finished what I started and turn beer bread into stuffing. For this recipe, I used half Mana Wheat Stuffing bread and half dried sourdough bread, but feel free to use all stuffing bread. I wanted a little mix with my stuffing and regret my actions!
My biggest mistake this Thanksgiving season is that I didn’t commit to using the Mana Wheat Stuffing Bread for 100% of the bread cubes. Although the sourdough was nice as well, it would have been nice to receive more of the flavors that come from the stuffing bread.
Next holiday season I recommend giving this and the stuffing bread recipe a try. And if you decide to make it, let me know how it turns out.
Mana Wheat Beer Bread Stuffing ingredients
- 4½ cups of cubed Mana Wheat Stuffing Beer Bread
- 4½ cups of cubed sourdough bread
- 1 medium chopped white onion
- 1½ cups of chopped celery
- 1 cup of unsalted melted butter
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of sage
Mana Wheat Beer Bread Stuffing directions
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter. Add the chicken broth, onion and celery and stir until soft.
- Place bread cubes in a medium bowl. Pour broth over bread cubes. Add salt and sage and mix well.
- Stuff into turkey (or poultry of choice) lightly. Do not over stuff! Place any excess stuffing and place in a 2 quart casserole dish. Cover dish and bake at 325° Fahrenheit for 1 hour. Let cool.