- Beer Style: Fruit Beer
- Brewery: Lost Coast
Baked Goods Only Go So Far
I love my fair share of breads, cupcakes, and various sweets that come with the job of learning to bake. However, sometimes I need a break from pure carbohydrates and could use a little protein. That is why I decided to start a section to this website dedicated to things you can do with old beer bread.
I decided to start by using old beer bread as a bread crumb in which you could bake and fry things with. Since I made a little Tangerine Wheat beer bread not to long ago, I thought I start by baking Tangerine Wheat baked chicken.
This chicken is amazing and a good alternative to fried chicken (through nowhere close!). My goal here is to show alternative uses to breads a baked goods that could be used in everyday cooking that might not be apparent to some people. Before throwing stale bread away, remember that you can use it to make amazing dishes like this.
Tangerine Wheat Baked Chicken Details
Tangerine Wheat Baked Chicken ingredients
- 3 of boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of Tangerine Wheat Beer Bread (Grounded and Toasted)
- 3 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons of garlic powder
Tangerine Wheat Baked Chicken directions
- Preheat the oven to 350º Fahrenheit. Grease a baking sheet or add parchment paper. Make sure chicken breasts are defrosted.
- Cut a couple of slices of Tangerine Wheat Beer Bread (about one quarter of a loaf). Toast on medium heat for a few minutes until nice and brown. Crumble toast into a blender and blend toast until you get a fine powder. If you want a crispier breading, place on oven pan and bake bread crumbs for an additional 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, lightly whip the egg. On a plate, spread out bread crumbs. Sprinkle in garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and Parmesan cheese.
- Place a chicken breast into the egg, making sure all the chicken breast is covered. Then take the egged up chicken and roll it around our seasoned bread crumbs. Make sure the entire chicken is covered. Repeat this for all chicken breasts.
- Place chicken on a baking sheet. Grate a little bit more Parmesan cheese on top of each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until chicken is cooked all the way through.