- Beer Style: Milk / Sweet Stout
- Brewery: Belching Beaver Brewing
I have been craving bread pudding. However, this craving is imaginary as I have never had it before in my life. What does it taste like? Where does it come from? Why am I typing these thoughts out onto this website instead of doing a Google search? So many questions.
The beer of choice for this bread is Belching Beaver‘s Milk Stout. Belching Beaver makes the creamiest stouts in the San Diego area and the peanut butter beer bread was one of the most popular Baking Brew recipes.
Before making the bread pudding, we need to bake our beer bread.
This bread is a solid quick break. Simple ingredients makes for a simple loaf. However, this is just a first step to our goal of making us some milk stout bread pudding.
And be sure to post your results if you decide to make this bread.
Milk Stout Beer Bread Details
Milk Stout Beer Bread ingredients
- 3 cups of unbleached bread flour
- ½ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 8 fluid ounces of Belching Beaver Milk Stout
- 1 cup of whole milk
Milk Stout Beer Bread directions
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and grease up a 9 inch loaf pan. Sift flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt into a large bowl. Mix milk and milk stout together. Slowly pour the milk stout mix into the dry ingredients while continuously stirring. Continue stirring until nice and lumpy.
- Pour dough into the loaf pan and pop it into the oven. Place your baking rack onto the 2nd position (right above the center) and bake for 50 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes until slicing.